Sunday, February 22, 2009

P.O.T.S or P.A.N.S ?

Today marks the last day that our local House of Worship will participate in a Food Drive in support of a Homeless Organization in the NYC area. Over the last two weeks, I have made an effort to take advantage of the recent dip in the price of Peanut Butter due to the salmonella scare, buying as much of the "Manager's Specials" that are available, and taking these to the bins that are used to collect our donations.

At first, the donations trickled in. The goal charts that the teen group sponsoring the drive have posted, looked more like the latest corporate earnings of GM - far short, and looking more and more unattainable as the weeks wore on.

But then, almost overnight, the peanut butter category, and others, blasted past the top of the charts, and it appears that by the end of the drive today, there will be plenty of food to bring to others in need.

I have learned a valuable lesson. I have received a huge blessing by participating. In some small way, I was able to help overachieve their goal by putting into play some of the talents I have picked up over my decades of financial experience - by taking advantage of "arbitrage" in the PB market, and the "price deflation" of a commodity that is a staple to many households, including our own - to benefit those who are in desperate need of food, shelter, and Hope.

Yes, my hope is that the donations we collected make their way into the belly's of children whose lives have been shattered by the loss of a job, the foreclosure of a home, or the closing of a business. These are the innocent victims of "Finance Gone Wild". Their lives will be changed forever by the greed and evilness of men and mammon.

Don't get the wrong impression - I remain committed to using the Wealth of the World for the good of society. That is why the creation of a "social biography" is so essential with the privilege that wealth brings. I will continue to use my talents to help Women of Wealth, carry out their mission of Hope

But more importantly, I hope those that see a need will not choose to merely Pontificate And Not Serve, but choose instead, as I have, to be Part Of The Solution!

Until next post, continue to believe, achieve, receive. SDG - JBHIV

No comments:

Post a Comment