Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lifestyle Lifters - Cupcakes For Cancer

In my TGIF post yesterday, I brought to your attention the fact that October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.

Today, I want to introduce you to one of my favorite places to get a "lift" - from a delicious treat. The name of the shop is "Crumbs". The one in our small town here in the Gold Coast of Connecticut is always packed.

This month their entire chain is offering a "Pink Cupcake" - vanilla cake filled with vanilla cream cheese frosting topped with light pink vanilla fondant with a mix of pink ribbon quins and pink and white sprinkles around the edge. 20% of proceeds from all sales will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Coalition.

I speak often of how women and men need to co-invest in anything they do. I think you will find this article in Women's Day a prime example of how husband and wife, Jason and Mia, co-owners of Crumbs have made this approach successful.

There are several Crumbs locations on both the East and West coast. Sorry to those of my visitors from outside the US - there are no international shops yet.

But wait a while. I have a feeling it won't be long before the whole world has access to their fabulous line of baked goods!

No comments:

Post a Comment