Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tuesday's Treasure - Texas Couture

Being half-Texan (Mother's side) and a frequent traveler to the Lone Star state, I could not pass up an opportunity to highlight some of the fashion trendsetters that have their roots there.

Hearing about all the festivities surrounding the recent SXSW Event in Austin made me a bit homesick. While all the focus seems to be on the Capitol City's lightning rod as a High-Tech startup breeding ground, I have seen some remarkable talent emerge in Fashion.

One Austin native, Tom Ford, recently re-launched his line of flattering designs for women after abandoning the gender in 2004. Fast Company named him one of their 100 Most Creative People in 2010 and his spring collection 2011 shows he is back with a bang.

Sadly, another one of my favorite Austin designers, Susan Dell wife of Billionaire Michael Dell, shut down her Phi luxury collection last year. I remember when Susan opened her first store in the tony Tarrytown area of Austin in 2003. 85 Broads member Lauren Santo Domingo whose new venture Moda Operandi we featured here last week, was also a big fan of Susan's work as I recall. I hope we see more of her in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment