Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lifestyle Lifter -Jennifer McCann, Lifestyle Photographer

Last Sunday evening I participated in the UN Millennium Development Goals (MDG) awards ceremony at the Waldorf-Astoria In NYC.

As I walked down the Red Carpet, I was greeted by the usual barrage of "flash units" from the global press and media outlets that were on hand to cover this annual event which preceded the UN MDG Summit began on Monday of last week.

I paused to allow a picture against the backdrop.

I asked one of the photographers how I might obtain a copy of any photos she had taken. She politely offered that I should contact East of Ellie, the event planner for the evening. I made a mental note of this and proceeded into the reception area to meet up with my other invited guests.

Later that evening, this same photographer approached our group and asked for a photo. How she found me in a room filled with hundreds of people is nothing short of a miracle.

I asked her again how we could obtain a copy of the group photo, and this time she offered her business card and said she would gladly broker the transfer.

Once again, fate deals me an opportunity to introduce to you an extraordinary artist, and a new friend.

Her name is Jenn McCann. Based out of Fairfield County, she is a married, and mother of two beautiful little girls.

Jenn is a "Self-Taught Photographer" and sole proprietor of "Jennifer McCann Photography"

I asked her to give me a little background on her passion:

"I have enjoyed and dabbled in photography for years, but started professionally part time 3 years ago, just went full time this past year, and even in the slow economy, I'm finding my business growing quickly.

I'm a "lifestyle" photographer, I work with natural light, on location- I mainly do family and children's portraits, and weddings- but other areas have included misc. events, product, and even fitness.

I was published in the June 2010 issue of "Shape" Magazine.

I am also contracted by "Family and Children's Aid" in Danbury, CT (A non-profit agency) as the agency photographer to photograph events and clients throughout the year.

I was featured as business of the month at Newtown Savings Bank in July 2010 - in my home town of Bethel.

My style is natural and candid, catching special moments between loved ones. My main goal is to please my clients and try to provide a comfortable, relaxed, and fun atmosphere to ensure great pictures!"

I encourage all of you to visit her website to get a better look at her work. I know many of you are located outside the NY Metro Area, but for the right event, and the right arrangement, I'm sure Jenn will make herself available!

No comments:

Post a Comment