Saturday, August 28, 2010

Lifestyle Lifter's - A Dream Holiday in Europe

I know many of you enjoy this segment of the WWRG blog, so while our guest blogger, Evie, continues her hiatus, I offer a suggestion for what a "fantasy holiday" in Europe might entail.

When I was growing up in Asia, my family frequently took advantage of the lengthy summer vacation period and traveled to Europe.

Two of our favorite destinations were Greece and Italy.

These two countries are once again top of my list as would France.

My fantasy holiday would begin in Greece. A trip to Greece is never complete without a visit to Mykonos. Mykonos is so beautiful, it is no accident that it has become one of the most desired destinations in the world. And if you add the cosmopolitan lifestyle, the sophisticated nightlife and the historic treasures of the nearby Delos to its stunning natural beauties and picturesque villages, you’ll have the recipe for an unforgettable holiday.

Although one of the smallest islands of the Cyclades complex, Mykonos is definitely the most famous, thanks to its treasure of natural beauty, rich history, cosmopolitan character combined with a wild nightlife, as well as plenty of local color.

My next destination would be Italy. I would hire a car and drive south to Tuscany where olive groves and some of the finest vineyards abound. As a serial "foodie", this journey would not be complete without dining on authentic Tuscan cuisine while enjoying a view of the rolling hills and beautiful villas.

I would then proceed directly to the glamorous French Riviera. A boat trip along the scenic coastline would include iconic towns such as Nice, Cannes, and St. Tropez and of course, Monaco. After enjoying the private beaches and world-class restaurants there I would complete my fantasy holiday in Paris. After several days at the Peninsula Paris (opening in 2012), I would regretfully return to the U.S., no doubt a few pounds heavier, but many burdens lighter!

BTW - did you know that Tokyo has now passed Paris as the Michelin Guides "city with the world's best restaurants"?

I have another fantasy holiday in Asia to tell you about in a future Lifestyle Lifter's post.

No comments:

Post a Comment